Entries in South Pacific (19)
Rene posted a comment wondering where my favorite place was that I have visited on my travels. While picking just one is impossible (Sorry, Rene!) I thought that as a substitute I would share my top ten list of travel experiences. Without further ado and in no particular order, here they are:
- Going on my first trip abroad to Paris and setting eyes on the Eiffel Tower for the first time
- Hiking along a 10km stretch of the Great Wall of China
- Exploring Australia's Red Centre and hiking around Ayers Rock
- Eating street food in Vietnam (Banh Mi, anyone?)
- Biking around the beautiful Dingle Peninsula in Ireland and barely making the bus to my friend's wedding
- Hiking the four day Inca Trail in Peru and watching the sunrise at Machu Picchu
- Seeing elephants, giraffes, zebras and other African game in their natural habitat in Kruger National Park in South Africa
- Exploring the mountains and lakes of Hokkaido, Japan in the winter
- Taking a boat ride in Milford Sound and watching the blue penguins tumble ashore at dusk in Oamaru in New Zealand
I could keep going and going and if you asked me on a different day I may respond with a different set of ten favorites. What I do know for certain is that traveling has changed and enriched me and I feel blessed that I have had these opportunities to see some of this amazing world we live in.
So now that I have shared some of my favorites, where are your favorite travel experiences? I need some inspiration to figure out where to go next...